Every now and then, more often than not I like to make traditional Venezuelan desserts, especially when I’m homesick which is quite often.
And this Coconut Dessert I think is the easiest dessert in the planet, with only 4 ingredients and barely minimum cooking even a kitchen novice can make this recipe.
Yet the flavour pay off that you get is quite overwhelming considering its simplicity. And if you’re not a coconut fan, don’t worry, because this dessert is not sickly coconutie or overly sweet… is more of a warm breeze on a Caribbean beach… haaaaaaa
This dessert keeps well in the fridge for around 4 to 5 days, although in my house it doesn’t really last to day 2.
And for a vegan option, I think sweeten rice milk would be a good option, perhaps with a little bit more sugar to balance all the flavours.
PRINT THE RECIPE
- 800 ml of full fat coconut milk
- 397 gr can of condensed milk
- 90 gr corn starch
- 2 Tbsp powder cinnamon + for presentation
1. In a pan add the coconut milk, condensed milk, 2 tbsp of cinnamon and corn starch previously dissolved in a little bit of coconut milk.
2. Leave to cook in low temperature stirring all the time until it starts to thicken.
3. Once the cream is producing big "bubble" remove from the heat and pour the mix into a serving bowl.
4. Leave to cool out of the fridge placing plastic wrap on top touching the dessert to avoid a hard skin forming.
5. Once cooled put in the fridge for at least 1 hour before enjoying
WATCH THE VIDEO
Thank you for reading and watching, If you like this recipe please give it the thumbs up and share. For more videos please subscribe to my channel by clicking the image below.
Thank you for for reading!! 🙂