Pancake Day 2017 is just in a few days time and I’ve got two quick and easy pancake recipes that will sure hit the mark in Shrove Day with kids, adults and fussy eaters alike. My Best Sweetcorn Pancakes for Pancake Day, are sweet, savoury, soft and super healthy, all in one single pancake. Plus they only have a couple of tablespoons of all purpose or gluten free flour so technically I can say they are flour-less.
Eat them with cheese, ham or fruits these sweetcorn pancakes are naturally sweet. I love them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, but at home kids eat them as mid-afternoon snacks.
This Sweetcorn Pancake recipe originally comes from Venezuela where its called “Cachapa”, and are generally eaten folded in half an filled with cheese.
VIDEO RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE SWEETCORN PANCAKES
PRINT THE RECIPE
Best Sweet Corn Pancakes for Pancake DayPrint This
- 4 cups of sweetcorn (tin or frozen)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Sugar to taste (between 1/2 to 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp of gluten free flour or all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for cooking
- In a food processor add all the ingredients and blend until a lumpy batter is formed.
- In a non-stick pan add a little bit of vegetable oil and leave to warm up at medium temperature
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp of the mix and spread to form a round pancake shape
- Leave to cook for 4 minutes on each side turning each side very carefully with a fish slice.
- Once all the pancakes are made serve immediately with your favourite cheese, cooked meats or fruits.
1. This recipes forms a lumpy batter and normally takes a little bit longer to cook that traditional flour and milk pancake batter. 2. Sugar is optional, without it will be a savoury pancake, but I recommend adding at least some sugar to bring out the flavour of the sweetcorn, 3. Because they have very little four be very careful when turning as these pancakes are softer than traditional pancakes
Following these sweet golden pancakes I’ve got my 3 Ingredient Flour-less Banana Pancakes which not only are the easiest pancake recipe to make but also gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar!
I love to eat these for breakfast because the banana does set you off for the day, and has the right sweetness I want in the morning.
I find these banana pancakes match better with wild fruits like Strawberries or raspberries because it contrasts the sweetness of the banana, and I love contrasting flavours! Otherwise Hazelnut spread is also good! GET THE RECIPE
What is Shrove Day
Shrove Tuesday (also known in Commonwealth countries as Pancake Tuesday or Pancake day) is the day in February or March immediately preceding Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent), which is celebrated in some countries by consuming pancakes. – Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrove_Tuesday
If you make this recipe leave your comments below, tag me on Social Media @miterrunofood or post a picture on my Facebook Page.
And to receive weekly and exclusive recipes directly to your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter. See you next week with another delicious recipe…. HAPPY COOKING 🙂